Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 December 2008

Moving On

A bit of an update since my last post. I left Wolverhampton in September and I moved a bit further south, near the Welsh border where I am once again working as an assistant for a commercial photographer. I have been doing this now for the past few months and I have had a couple of exciting jobs out of it. I went to Cyprus at the end of September to help out on some lifestyle shoots and I just got back last week from Kenya where I was out on safari.

However, I am a five hour drive from North Yorkshire and I have itchy feet again! I enjoy assisting, but I am not sure how much more I am going to get from it unless I move to London and assist the big fashion photographers, I just don't know if this is what I want to do.

I am getting some work as a press photographer and think that it is time to pursue this a bit further and so I am thinking of moving back up North
and furthering my skills in this capacity.

I have been shooting a few concerts these past few weeks. Music is a huge passion of mine, so to combine music with photography is a dream for me. I shot at a decent venue a couple of weeks ago in Birmingham, the Asylum. A local band called Hanging Doll were playing, supporting Spit Like This who were having an album launch party. This is my favourite shot from their set.

Jim





No comments: